Two Traffic Attendants (TAs), Geoffrey Johnston and Julie Beatty, became potential lifesavers in Magherafelt, after they passed a community defibrillator training course recently.
The defibrillator training course was introduced in the community by Magherafelt District Council (MDC), after they purchased a couple of defibrillator kits, which will be placed in a local shop. The aim is to equip business owners, council workers and TAs, with the necessary skills as they are in and around the town centre.
Julie and Geoffrey both employed by NSL and six other volunteers from the community showed great commitment and completed the course in their own time.
Assistant Client Account Manager, Davy Craig said: “Following a request by the Police Service of Northern Ireland for volunteers to undertake defibrillator training, two of our Magherafelt Traffic Attendants, Julie Beatty and Geoff Johnson took up the challenge. Sadly because of a number of tragic and sudden deaths across Northern Ireland, the emergency services championed the promotion of providing defibrillators to local community and sports associations were a speedy intervention by trained individuals could avert further tragedies.
The business community in Magherafelt were provided with the equipment and knowing that our staff maintained a high profile and constant presence in the town NSL was approached to seek volunteers. Julie and Geoff undertook the training in their own time and received competency certificates upon completion. Our Client, Transport Northern Ireland is delighted at Julie and Geoff’s participation and is a great example of our staff adding value to their local community.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, NSL Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920278164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV Monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.