Having raised a staggering £78million from its last Red Nose Day, organisers are hoping this year’s event on Friday 24th March will prove to be even more successful in raising funds to help people who are living tough lives across the UK and Africa. And a Call Centre set in the heart of the Scottish Highlands will be playing its part in helping to make the year’s most entertaining and popular fund-raising initiative another success story for Comic Relief.
Call Centres play a massive part in the success of both Red Nose Day and Sport Relief, taking many thousands of donations as well as completing their own fundraising projects. In 2015 over 146 call centres supported Red Nose Day helping to raise cash to give extremely vulnerable and disadvantaged people a helping hand to turn their lives around. This year, the NSL Call Centre in Dingwall is the furthest north of all participating centres and will, once again, be playing an important role with operators manning 50 dedicated lines for the duration of the 4½ hour live evening TV broadcast. No fewer than 65 volunteers will be on hand to handle an expected call volume in excess of over 250 calls an hour and provide refreshments and cover for colleagues.
“We know from previous years’ careful preparation is vital and that it will be a very busy evening,” says Kirsty Rudynski, Quality Officer at NSL Dingwall. “But, invariably, callers are in good spirits thanks to the fun on the TV, and every member of the team enjoys playing their part in such an important fund-raising exercise – which is why we have so many volunteers taking part throughout the evening. And, of course, we’ll also be fund raising ourselves through raffles, competitions, bake and bottle stalls and other activities. We can’t wait for the fun to begin and will soon be contacting pupils at local primary schools and local brownie packs to help us design our fundraising posters and to make some decorations for us!”
Since 1985, Comic Relief has raised over £1 billion. That money has helped, and is helping, people living incredibly tough lives, both at home in the UK and across the world. Once again, this year’s Red Nose Day will feature a fantastic night of TV on the BBC, with comedy and entertainment to inspire the nation to give generously.
For further information, please contact Luke Allen, Director of Communications, 07468 701361, or Luke.Allen@nsl.co.uk
Notes to Editors:
NSL is a trusted outsourcer to government and businesses across the UK, helping clients innovate and improve services to deliver better outcomes. We provide frontline, back office and customer support services to design and manage places used by the public and provide national enforcement expertise at our borders and infrastructure. With over 4,000 colleagues in 250 locations across the UK we serve over 150 clients and 20 million citizens. As one team, built on trust and respect, we are driven and inspired to serve the communities where we live and work. We take ownership, work in partnership and encourage each other to relentlessly improve and achieve. We are making the UK a safer and fairer place to live and do business and are proud of what we do.
About Red Nose Day 2017
- Red Nose Day is back on Friday 24th March 2017 and it’s all about your power to make the world a better place, simply by having a great time.
- By raising (or donating) cash this Red Nose Day, you’re helping to change lives. That’s because Comic Relief spends the money raised to help the people who really need it most, both here in the UK and across Africa.
- From workplace bake sales and fancy-dress fundraising in schools, to danceathons, quizzes and surreal sponsored challenges, put on a Red Nose and make your laugh matter by doing whatever you enjoy to raise life-changing cash.
- It all culminates in a massive night of comedy and entertainment, live on the BBC.
About Comic Relief
- Comic Relief is a UK charity which aims to create a just world, free from poverty – where everyone is safe, healthy, educated and empowered. Since 1985, Comic Relief has raised over £1 billion. That money has helped, and is helping, people living incredibly tough lives, both at home in the UK and across the world.
- For information about Comic Relief and the work it carries out, please visit www.comicrelief.com
- Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)
- For the latest news, statements and exclusive content direct from the Comic Relief Press Office follow @ComicReliefNews