Two Parking Attendants (PAs) in Edinburgh recently completed an abseil off the Forth Rail Bridge and raised £643 for Macmillan Cancer Research. The fantastic amount was raised by PAs, Karen Kerr and Amanda Gillie, when they took on the 165ft drop and landed on the beach in just over three minutes.
Karen and Amanda, both employed by NSL to carry out enforcement duties on behalf of City of Edinburgh Council, took on their challenge with the aid of sponsorship.
Amanda said: “This has got to be the scariest thing we took on and more so for Karen as she is petrified of heights. The hardest part is stepping on to the girders of the bridge and then just letting yourself drop of the edge. We both had jelly legs when we hit the beach but are extremely proud to say yes we did it for MacMillan.”
Heather Grieve, Amanda and Karen’s manager said: “I am so proud of Karen and Amanda for taking part in this charity event. Karen conquered her fear for such a worthy cause. Amanda organised for them to take part and a fantastic job was done by both. Well done and maybe next time I will join.”
Macmillan Cancer Care is NSL’s charity of 2014.
For further information, please Afrika Morris, Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920 278 164
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,250 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including cycle scheme design and consultancy, parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.