NSL’s urban design consultancy, Project Centre, has launched the UK’s first subscription-based traffic order making service.
Traffic Order Professional Services or ‘TOPS’ – is aimed at councils who want a flexible and affordable service but one that still offers the highest quality, with legally robust orders produced by the UK’s most specialist traffic order makers.
TOPS is a subscription-based service delivered at three levels: Platinum, Gold, or Silver, although each can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each local authority’s parking department. Each category of service includes a dedicated Traffic Order ‘advice line’ offering knowledge and support to the local authority’s parking team, a quota of professional traffic-order team support, training or mentoring, and on-line forum access, as well as regular news that covers new and existing issues.
Local authorities’ will also have the opportunity to convert its traffic orders to the next generation of map-based orders, which simplify order production and ensure that they are more cost-effective.
Kevin Donnelly, MD of Project Centre, said: “The ongoing economic challenges faced by local authorities call for services that offer far more flexibility, but which don’t stint on the expertise or innovation, which is essentially what TOPS offers. We have what I would confidently consider to be the UK’s most experienced traffic-order team in the UK, which focuses on producing legally robust orders, which minimise any headaches further down the line.”
Project Centre is at the forefront of innovation, having drafted the first traffic-orders for electric vehicle charging points, and provides templates now used by many local authorities for the introduction of car-club parking spaces.
The TOPS team is led by Christian Constantinides, previously Principal Traffic Orders Manager for Hammersmith & Fulham Council. Principal Traffic Order Maker is Hazel Game, who has over thirty-years experience in drafting and processing traffic orders.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 4,600 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV Monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.