Identity document and right-to-work screening expert, NSL Validation Solutions, has become a National Landlords’ Association (NLA) Recognised Supplier. The move comes as right-to-rent legislation today came into force in the West Midlands as the first step of its phased introduction across the country. Landlords will need to ensure prospective tenants are approved to live in the UK, risking fines of thousands of pounds if a tenant is found to not have the ‘right-to-rent’.
The NLA works with 54,500 landlords, almost 26,000 of which are paying members, to represent the views of the 1.4 million landlords in the UK, covering full-time landlords with large property portfolios to multi or single occupancy.
NSL Validation Solutions uses the world’s most advanced identity document verification systems, powered by Keesing Technologies, and provides comprehensive vetting management, driving licence entitlement monitoring, criminal record checks, and background screening services and systems tailored to employers’ needs.
NLA members will get access to NSL Validation Solutions Vetting Helpline offering free advice on the very latest right-to-rent legislation and immigration laws. It enables the NLA to promote secure right-to-work and right-of-abode checks to its members.
Account Director, Kenneth Hanslip, said: “We are very pleased to have been accepted by the NLA as a Recognised Supplier. The NLA offers landlords a comprehensive support package and we hope to bring added benefits to their high quality service offering.”
NLA Chief Executive Officer Richard Lambert said:“The introduction of right to rent checks mean it’s never been more important to reference your tenants thoroughly. We believe the immigration check service provided by NSL would help landlords achieve this.”
“We welcome NSL as a Recognised Supplier and look forward to the benefits they will provide to landlords and members of the NLA in the future.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920 278 164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV Monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.