NSL, the specialist provider of public sector services, has been appointed by Dudley Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to provide non-emergency patient transport in Dudley.
NSL has also been contracted to continue providing non-emergency patient transport in Wolverhampton and will also undertake the transport of high-dependency patients, taking over from the West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS).
The contract term, which begins on 1 April 2015, is for five years, with an option to extend for one year.
NSL will be the provider for The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust, transporting patients to and from Russells Hall Hospital and Corbett and Guest outpatient centres. The previous provider for Dudley was Arriva. Outpatients will organise their own transport via a new dedicated booking line, which can be contacted on 01384 501606.
There are around 74,000 non-emergency patient journeys a year in Dudley, with approximately 94,000 in Wolverhampton.
NSL is an Investor in People Gold, and invests heavily in its staff training and development. This year it will be training all ambulance care assistants to achieve a level II qualification in social and healthcare.
Mark Raisbeck, NSL’s Health Sector Director, said: “We are very pleased to be able to expand our service to Dudley and look forward to meeting new patients and colleagues. We are also delighted to be re-appointed to serve patients in Wolverhampton. Through a programme of continuous development, everyone at NSL is committed to providing the best responsive transport service, and we are keen to demonstrate our care, safety and effectiveness to patients.”
Dr Steve Mann, Clinical Lead for Acute and Community at Dudley Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We are pleased to appoint NSL as our new non-emergency transport provider who are committed to providing a safe reliable patient service ensuring the highest quality of patient care and satisfaction.
The booking team will be available on a single number 24 hours a day, so patients can make the call as soon as they know the date and time of their healthcare appointment.”
Notes to Editors:
For further information please contact Communication Executive, Afrika Morris Afrika.firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including cycle scheme design and consultancy, parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.