NSL, the public-sector services specialist, has chosen Alzheimer’s Society as its official charity for 2015. The charity won out over a list of charities that the company’s 5,250 staff were asked to vote on.
The charity is proving successful in raising awareness of dementia and the various symptoms it presents in sufferers. Some of NSL’s staff have recently become Dementia Friends, which requires training to recognise, understand, and assist those afflicted with the condition. Colleagues on its patient transport service in Kent have this week undertaken training and more will follow.
Recently, NSL civil enforcement officers (ceos – ‘parking wardens’) in the London borough of Waltham Forest, in partnership with the Metropolitan Police and Waltham Forest Council, helped to launch the Dementia Action Alliance to help raise awareness and offer support to people living with dementia. NSL will actively raise awareness amongst its CEOs to ensure they can assist people in the community who may seem confused.
The company’s charity for 2014 was Macmillan, which provides support for those affected by cancer. Colleagues throughout NSL held a series of fundraising events, such as cake bakes and took part in the charity’s well publicised World’s Biggest Coffee Morning. One colleague, Chris Teesdale, who is a manager overseeing patient transport in Derbyshire, even climbed a Himalayan mountain.
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, NSL Communications Executive, on 020 8991 8897 or 07920 278164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
NSL employs more than 5,250 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.