NSL, the UK’s specialist provider of public sector services, has retained its accreditation for the International Organisation (IS) O27001 external certification.
The assessor’s report highlighted that NSL employees demonstrated great awareness when asked to relay details about information security. NSL employs 5,300 staff across the UK and re-accreditation required five days of auditing throughout the business.
The ISO27001 certification enables NSL to prove to clients and other stakeholders that it is managing the security of information in its possession to the highest standards.
NSL provides services for a wide range of public and private sector clients, including DVLA, Transport for London (TfL), the NHS, and sixty local authorities.
Group Risk and Standards Manager, Jamie Sharples, said: “We can never rest on our laurels where information security is concerned, and this re-accreditation shows how seriously we take the security of the data we handle. The core principals of this standard for information and data security continue to be enhanced across the business – as we continue to develop and grow.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920 278 164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV Monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.