NSL officially launched its first workplace savings scheme last month in Brighton and Hove, to help employees manage unexpected costs and obtain ethical financial assistance.
The scheme will be administered by East Sussex Credit Union, and is designed to encourage employees to save as well as support the local community. It’s simple and unique; it enables staff to arrange direct debit savings through NSL’s payroll system.
Several briefing sessions were held over two days, to communicate the benefits of joining the scheme. The drawbacks of using pay day lenders that offer, short term, and high interest loans were also highlighted.
Approximately fifty percent of all staff welcomed and joined the scheme. If successful, the scheme will be expanded to Lewes, Eastbourne, Hastings, and Worthing.
Richard Priestman, President of East Sussex Credit Union, said: “We’re delighted to work with NSL to offer our savings and loans products to their Brighton and Hove employees. We’ve had significant interest and hope that other major employers will take the same step. Our workplace savings scheme is a ‘win-win’ programme, which supports the local community”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, NSL Media Officer, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920278164
Notes to Editors:
- NSL employs more than 4,600 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following markets:
- Enforcement – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Patient and Passenger Transport –non-emergency and specialist NHS patient transport services. Passenger transport services across Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Business Processing – identity validation solutions, and back office operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.