NSL, the civil enforcement specialist, has worked with the local police, Solihull Council’s Parking Services and Blue Badge teams in a campaign to crackdown further on Blue Badge misuse recently.
The national Blue Badge scheme is provided to people of limited mobility and entitles badge holders to a parking concession. In general this allows them to park closer to their intended destination.
A two day operation took place in Solihull town centre and at Dovehouse, Olton. Thirty three Blue Badges were inspected, no misuse was identified but some helpful advice and guidance were given to drivers, who welcomed the support. Blue Badges are provided to people of limited mobility and entitles badge holders to a parking concession.
The exercise aimed to make sure that parking spaces reserved for Blue Badge holders are being used by people who have the right to use them and additionally to ensure that the badges are being correctly displayed in their vehicles.
Councilor Ted Richards, Cabinet Member for Transport and Highways said: “It was great to see all the different agencies coming together for a common cause. Across the two days we received a great reception from the many members of the public who stopped to ask what we were doing, especially from Blue Badge holders themselves who were happy that checks were taking place. I was very pleased with the positive feedback from users during the operations; customers were genuinely happy to see such a highly visible presence and were satisfied with the Council taking Blue Badge abuse seriously.”
NSL’s Client Account Manager, Daniel Garcia, said: “This operation demonstrates the positive effect that NSL and its partners have in the community when we jointly tackle challenges. Our CEOs received positive feedback whilst carrying out their duties. I feel all partners took something away from the operations, and long may they continue.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920 278 164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV Monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.