NSL, which undertakes services for Waltham Forest Council has worked with local police to help the Council crackdown further on Blue Badge misuse.
A multi agency operation took place on the 23rd of January called Op Big Wing and included NSL Partner BBFI and employee who is also a Specials Sergeant, Mehmet Hassan. Seven incidents of Blue Badge Fraud were observed, with badges confiscated and details gathered for the local authority fraud team who will determine which of these are to be prosecuted.
One case involved a motorist passing off a photocopy of a Badge belonging to an eighty-year old Somali man, which was glued to a cereal box. The crackdown resulted in several vehicles being removed and impounded. The operation led the police to launch an investigation into the number of fraud offences for one particular motorist.
NSL’s success in helping detect Blue Badge abuse for Waltham Forest Council demonstrates the effective partnerships built up with the local police and other local authorities.
Councillor Clyde Loakes, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Environment at Waltham Forest Council, said: “This latest day of action is just another example of the impact being made to combat blue badge abuse in the borough.
“The day after this operation was carried out we had four more prosecutions come to fruition at Magistrates Court. The message is clear – in Waltham Forest we will catch you misusing a blue badge and we will use the full force of the law against you.”
Anthony Hall, NSL’s Client Account Manager at Waltham Forest, said: “The results are excellent. We will continue to work closely with our partners to ensure that disabled parking spaces are reserved for those who lawfully rely on them. Special thanks are due to the team and our partner for making the operation a success.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, NSL Media Officer, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920 278 164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 4,600 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV Monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.