Piccap:left to right, Shappi Khorsandi, Scott Wallace, Dave Wafer, Dave Lewin, Jane Leadbetter, Mark Pellett, Danny Harland, Andrew Bradley, Jo Brown
NSL Park and Ride service in Durham has picked up a national honour. Durham City’s Park and Ride service won the Best Car Park Operation award at the annual British Parking Awards.
The service, run by Durham County Council in partnership with NSL, started in 2005 at three sites around the city, which now provide more than 1,200 parking spaces.
More than 800 commuters, shoppers, and visitors use the Park and Ride every day, with 40,000 people using it during the annual Lumiere light festival, which our colleagues also provide vital services for.
Well done to Client Account Manager, Scott Wallace and his team.
Cllr Neil Foster, Durham County Council cabinet member for economic regeneration, said: “This is another outstanding accolade for Park and Ride which has over the years proved hugely popular with the public.”Not only does it boost business in the city by making it easier for people to get in and out but it does so in a way that reduces congestion and pollution.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, NSL Communications Executive, on 020 8991 8897 or 07920 278164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,250 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.