NSL Care Services, which provides non-emergency patient transport throughout Kent, has rolled out a volunteer scheme, which involves a 30 – 40 minutes awareness session in order for its crews to recognise the symptoms of dementia. The first thirteen people, including Managers, have received full training to be Dementia Friends. The awareness sessions are being delivered by NSL’s own Dementia a Champion and Operations Support Manager, Debbie Fassam.
The move follows the national company’s decision to adopt Alzheimer’s Society as its official charity for 2015, which was voted for by its staff throughout the UK.
NSL is committed to ensure all its staff in Kent understands what dementia is, and how they can offer support to people living with the condition.
NSL’s Account Director, James Graydon, said: “I am really pleased that we are able to equip our teams with increased knowledge about how to communicate with those people suffering from dementia to help improve their experience whilst they are in our care.”
Notes to Editors:
For further information please contact Communication Executive, Afrika Morris Afrika.firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including cycle scheme design and consultancy, parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.