A Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) provided invaluable help in an emergency situation on 24 April when he saved a baby’s life in Midsummer Meadow car park. The CEO, who didn’t want to be named, was on beat when he heard a woman screaming.
The CEO, who is employed by NSL to carry out parking enforcement duties on behalf of Northamptonshire County Council, rushed over to find that the baby had stopped breathing, and started to turn blue.
The quick thinking CEO took the baby out of her push chair, and patted her back until she started breathing. He then called an ambulance, and reassured the baby’s mum until it arrived. The baby was taken to nearby Northampton General Hospital.
NSL recently received a letter from the baby’s mother thanking the CEO for his help.
Peter Short, the CEO’s manager at NSL, said: “This incident exemplifies that CEOs are the eyes and ears of our communities. His quick response and professionalism helped to save a baby’s life. In a very difficult situation he acted calmly, and stayed until the ambulance arrived – reassuring the young mum.”
For further information, please Afrika Morris, Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920 278 164
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,250 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including cycle scheme design and consultancy, parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.