Two non-emergency ambulance drivers provided invaluable help in an emergency situation on 4 April when they administered first-aid to fifteen people.Paul Mountford and David Swan witnessed a crash on the M1 junction 19-20, Leicestershire.
The crash left shattered windscreens across the lanes, which caused further collision and danger. Several motorists suffered injuries, including a seven-month pregnant woman who had lower uterine pain. An eleven-year girl had her gum split, and teeth fell out, others had whiplashed type injuries.
Paul and David, employed by NSL to provide non-emergency patient transport on behalf of the NHS throughout Northampton, wasted no time. Paul quickly used the ambulance to block off the unlit motorway, and David called the emergency services. Paramedics arrived at the scene shortly afterwards and took over.
Paul said: “I am proud that myself and David were able to act as first responders, we did what was needed to safeguard motorists in this terrifying situation.”
Melissa Hall, Paul and David’s manager at NSL Northampton said: “Paul and David demonstrated all the core values we prioritise at NSL, they reacted quickly and professionally. They are great ambassadors for NSL.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, NSL Communications Executive, on 020 8991 8897 or 07920 278164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
NSL employs more than 5,250 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.