Non-emergency Ambulance Drivers in Louth, Lincolnshire, rolled up their sleeves to clear snow from the road to help motorists after they found themselves in difficulties over the Christmas period.
Assistant Team Leader, Christopher Law, was informed by a crew member that an NSL ambulance and several cars were stuck in the snow. Chris Law reacted quickly and met up with ambulance drivers Gary, Gav, and David.
Gary loaded his car with shovels, salt, and other snow-clearing tools and he and his colleagues shovelled the snow for over two hours, which resulted in ten motorists, children, and an elderly woman being brought to safety.
Christopher said: “It’s not long since I was made an assistant team leader, and little did I know just how hands on it could be! But I’m so glad that we were all willing and able to do what we could to get motorists on the move again.”
Notes to Editors:
For further information please contact Communication Executive, Afrika Morris Afrika.email@example.com.
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including cycle scheme design and consultancy, parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.