NSL Validation Solutions is urging UK employers to be aware of the changes that came into effect on Friday 16 May as part of the Immigration Act 2014.
The changes include the Civil Penalty being doubled to £20,000 – the maximum amount an employer can now be fined should they employ a worker with no right to work in the UK.
The Act also requires private landlords to check the immigration status of tenants, preventing those with no right to live in the UK from accessing private rented housing.
Employers will be exempt from the Civil Penalty if they are able to prove that they have taken all reasonable steps to comply with the legislation and have a Statutory Excuse.
NSL’s Validation Solutions offers a range of bespoke, fixed, and mobile right-to-work and ID documentation vetting using the world’s most advanced database, powered by Keesing Technologies.
Head of Validation Solutions, former Scotland Yard Police Officer, Kenneth Hanslip, said: “the financial penalties that employers can now expect to receive make full employee and potential employee checks that guarantee a Statutory Excuse absolutely vital.
For further information, please Afrika Morris, Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920 278 164
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,250 people and has over 300 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – on and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs.
- Health –non-emergency and specialist patient transport services.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – DVLA VED enforcement, identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including cycle scheme design and consultancy, parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.