NSL, the leading provider of public-sector services, has been appointed to provide parking services for City of Edinburgh Council (CEC). The contract, effective from October 2014, will run for five years with the option of a further five year extension.
NSL has been providing parking services for Edinburgh since 2006. The new contract includes a framework for Scottish authorities to engage with NSL in the delivery of services. A business intelligence tool to enhance measurement and reporting of all aspects of the service will also be in place.
Account Director, Trevor Taylor said: “Retaining this contract is a significant achievement for NSL. We are pleased to be continuing our relationship with Edinburgh and are looking forward to delivering a range of enhancements that will contribute greatly to the City’s vision.”
For further information, please contact Afrika Morris, Communications Executive, on 0208 991 8897 or 07920278164.
Notes to Editors:
NSL delivers services in regulated public environments, where we provide the expertise to develop, resource, and manage complex outsourced services to achieve our clients’ outcomes.
- NSL employs more than 5,300 people and has over 100 offices throughout the UK. NSL provides tailored solutions for the following sectors:
- Local Government – CCTV Monitoring control centres, and off-street enforcement services; NSL is the UK’s biggest employer of Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs), Parking Attendants, and Traffic Attendants. NSL manages over 500 car-parks and delivers effective traffic management enforcement services for most of the UK’s major cities, including Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Belfast, and London – where NSL works in partnership with 18 Boroughs. CCTV Monitoring control centres.
- Health – non-emergency and specialist patient transport services. Car park management. Transport logistics and planning.
- Airports – Passenger transport and related services.
- Central Government – identity validation solutions, and back office business processing operations, including Shared Service Centres in Croydon, Coventry and Oldham for Transport for London (TfL), Local Government and the NHS.
- Consultancy – NSL provides a wide range of consultancy services, including parking design, traffic modelling, urban design and road safety engineering.
- NSL is an Investor in People Champion, and was awarded an Investor in People GOLD Award, joining the top 2% of UK organisations to have achieved the prestigious standard, which is given only to organisations who can demonstrate excellence in developing and supporting their staff.